- 06 Sep 2021
Microsoft Teams Audit Customer Requirements
- Updated on 06 Sep 2021
Modality offers a full Microsoft Teams Audit to understand the state of your Microsoft Teams Adoption, Governance and Compliance, Calls and Meetings Experience and Key Configuration.
This is completed by Modality remotely and the output includes:
- Report with Red, Amber, Green (RAG) status for key metrics, commentary and recommendations
- PowerPoint summary of findings
- 45 Minute online meeting to discuss findings and recommendations
To find out more about costs and request an audit please contact email@example.com
What does the audit report on?
• Adoption – the audit will review the last 30 days Microsoft Teams usage records, giving us the adoption of Microsoft Teams features
• Teams – the audit will review active and archived teams for all time, their ownership, membership, guests and activity
• Calls and Meetings – from point of approval, the audit will collect all call and meeting performance information. We leave running for 14 days before collating the report. Microsoft do not hold a history of this data for review so it has to be collected before the report can be completed
• Config – the audit reviews all key configuration related to Microsoft Teams
Requirements on the customer to complete audit
To complete the audit Modality need read-only access to information from your tenant.
There are 4 steps for a customer to complete:
- Modality will provide a link for an Office 365 administrator to click that will give our audit tool remote access to collect the data. This will allow us to read data from Microsoft Graph.
- The "Show user identifiable user information in reports" setting on your tenant needs to be on. The default for this setting was changed in September 2021 - Microsoft change announcement and further information.
- For our reports on your internal network/subnets/WiFi, we require a list of your subnets in the Microsoft CQD format - if this is not available we can still report but will not be able to identify the specific organisational sites with the most call and meeting performance issues
- Not all configuration is available to read from Microsoft Graph, for this we require a temporary user account on your system with read-only access for PowerShell (Azure AD global Reader), or we can provide the PowerShell for you to run and collect the key configuration data we need
Your report will be provided within 3 weeks of Modality being given access to the information.
The security of your data
Modality is a Microsoft Gold partner with extensive Microsoft Teams experience
All your data will be stored securely and deleted once the audit is complete.