Modality Systems Network Readiness Assessment for Microsoft Teams
Modality Systems Network Readiness Assessment for Microsoft Teams leaverages Microsoft tools and expert consulting to give an understanding of your network readiness for Microsoft Teams and specific recommendations for any risks or remediation required.
Modality Systems Network Readiness Assessment for Microsoft Teams is a combination of remote consulting exercises, network tests and output documents.
Microsoft Teams and Network Performance
Optimal and consistent Microsoft Teams audio, video and sharing performance depends on the network. Microsoft Teams is a cloud service with specific network requirements.
Common issues include:
- Firewall and proxies blocking traffic or adding a performance overhead
- Insufficient bandwidth
- Network impairments such as jitter and packet loss
- VPN usage and performance
- Wi-Fi performance
Failing to assess and prepare your network will likely lead to performance issues and impacted user experience. By preparing your network for Microsoft Teams, you can dramatically increase your chance of success.
- Discuss and ensure understanding of key network requirements
- Complete Microsoft Teams Network Planner - assessing your network, including bandwidth calculations and network requirements across your org’s locations.
- Network Advisor for Microsoft Teams - assesses your environment and identifies the most common configurations issues
- Populate Call Quality Diagnostics with Network Information
- Call Quality Diagnostics Training session
- Assist customer in runing the Microsoft Network Assessment Tool from both the edge segment and the client network segmenets
- Requires customer to deploy physcial or virtual windows machines to perform tests from
- Tests for open port ranges and media flow
- Modality Systems will Analyse and review the results
- Complete Microsoft Teams Network Planner Report – (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/network-planner)
- Microsoft Netwrk Assessment Tool results and recommendations*
- Overall Network Readiness Report and Recommendations *Reports completed to the extent to which customer provides data.