CustomInvite Technical Documentation
The CustomInvite Technical Documentation site provides access to all of the information you will need to successfully setup and configure CustomInvite.
For more general and non-technical information about the problems that CustomInvite solves and how it can add value to your organisation, visit the CustomInvite page on the Modality Systems main website.
What is CustomInvite?
CustomInvite by Modality Systems is an Outlook VSTO add-in that can customise the layout of the Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business meeting invitation.
The traditional approach to online meeting invitations is that one size fits all customer requirements and meeting types. This approach worked for audio conference calls where there was only one way that someone could join. CustomInvite gives you the ability to control messaging given the different audiences and context of the online meetings.
CustomInvite allows you to:
- Control messaging and deliver a consistent user experience across all Microsoft online meetings
- Have one plugin and template that controls the format of both Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business meetings
- Enable intelligent PSTN dial in number filtering with all numbers directly from Microsoft O365 Phone System
- Enable users to select from multiple templates depending on the audience of the online meeting
- Display third party video bridging information
- Display additional urls – support, surveys and training are often used
- Define your brand and identity
What will I find on this site?
Here you’ll find:
A full admin guide for CustomInvite including:
- Supported Software
- Outlook Slow Start Registry Requirements
- Licence Key Requirement
- Installer Setup and Execution
- Upgrade Installation
- Registry Values
- CustomInvite ADMX Template
- Recommended approach
- Formatting Models
- Microsoft Teams Formatting Model
- Best practice/considerations
- Microsoft Skype for Business Online Model
- Microsoft Skype for Business Server
- Managing Template Distribution
Freqeuently Asked Questions
- General Features
- Supported Environments
- User Instructions
- Template Modification
- Known Issues and Workarounds
- Error Messages